SAP Training – 10 Important Guidelines to Know Before Starting
Everyone would probably find it hard to learn and master SAP. But since it has a very significant purpose on most active businesses, companies are forced to have some of their employees learn and master it. Primarily, employees are trained so as to make them experts in this field. Furthermore, they will learn the basics in SAP and eventually gain expertise on data management and enterprise resource management.
Types of training
People who want to train are given two options: online training, which is obviously the more convenient one, and traditional classrooms. Plus, trainees are also given a chance to use software or manuals to familiarize them with SAP. Being in virtual classrooms gives you the advantage of learning almost from anywhere, as long as you meet the basic technical requirements such as a high-speed computer with a high-speed internet connection, some particular software needed for the training, and more. Also, there will be an online instructor to help you out. When it comes to traditional classrooms, expect live discussions, paper-works, etc are there to flood you. And if you prefer self-study, worry not because there are specific types of tutorials that are available.
It is certainly a big advantage for you to have a fast entry to SAP. And since the organizer will be the one to decide what version and type of SAP access you are getting, be sure that you consider inquiring to the right authorities so you will not get disappointed with what you get. Most probably you will be required to download SAP GUI in your computer (or in your instructor’s computer if you prefer a classroom).
Important considerations regarding your instructor
Avoid wasting your time and money. Choose the right trainer. When I say right, I mean legitimate, of good standards, and responsible. Make some research. Make sure that you know what to look for. You may seek for the help of different institutes regarding this. Try to interview your prospect tutor and ask him to show you his lesson plans, topics, etc and assess whether he will be able to make everything easy for you or not. If you end up in doubt or discomfort, look for another one. Remember, you can’t afford to waste your money for nothing.
Important considerations regarding the institute
First on the list, know if the institute you are consulting in is legitimate or not. Know everything about them including their past records. Again, make some research. Ask for feedbacks about them. Try to see if their mission and goal statements can convince you enough.
Ask for a FREE demo class
It’s hard to tell if an institute gives a free demo class or not. But you can always ask them to have you attend a demo class. By doing so, you will know them better. And as to yourself, you will determine whether you are comfortable or not with the way they teach, the place where you will be doing the training, etc.
Commitment to the training
Many students of SAP training usually already have full-time jobs and do this training in conjunction with their work. Any success in the training requires the adequate attention and effort. You should plan your training schedule well and allocate enough time in order to succeed in the training. Failure would only mean loss of time and money and retaking the whole training all over again.
Write down everything you learn
It is important to take notes during all training sessions for review after the session. Prepare written notes as you learn new concepts. You would need them to revise for the exams.
Appreciate and value your training
This training can be a major turning point in your career. With ever changing qualifications requirements and market demands, companies often look for employees that specialize in new techniques and training, such as SAP. Data management, troubleshooting system failures are becoming important skills and SAP training is a new developing qualification.
- Try to mind-set yourself to gain enough patience, focus, and determination the moment you start training because this will help you shorten your effort for the whole training period.
- Ask for some recorded class sessions. By reviewing or listening to them, your knowledge will be more broadened. Some institutes would offer it to you and some would not. But then again, just ask for it.
- Take down notes. Although you may always ask for anything you forget about the topics you will be discussing, it’s always wise to write down everything important. Remember, writing down anything is also a good way to not forget it.
- Know its worth. You can never tell whether this training is the great opportunity that you’ve been waiting for in your professional life or not. Who knows, this will be the way for you to advance your career. Just keep in mind that there are lots of companies who are in search for someone who has great expertise in SAP. So for future use, it is very important that you have the particular expertise in data management, troubleshooting system problems and more. Great opportunities only come once in a while, so go for it now!
Incoming search terms:
- 1SAP training
- what is 1sap
- is sap hard to learn
- is sap difficult to learn
- free sap training courses